Wednesday 4 September 2013

Review: Maybelline Baby Lips


What do Maybelline claim?

''No more basic lipbalm, protects and moisturises for a full 8 hours, after one week lips are visbly renewed, virtually reborn''

I've been wanting to jump on the Maybelline Baby Lips bandwagon ever since I heard continuous raves about them when they were released in the USA so when they were released in the UK back in July I couldn't wait to get my hands on some shades. I took full advantage of the 3 for 2 offer at Boots. There are six different flavours/scents which are: Intense Care, Mint Fresh, Hydrate, Cherry Me, Pink Punch and Peach Kiss. I picked up Peach Kiss, Pink Punch and Cherry Me.  Baby Lips aren't as hydrating and moisturising as a normal lip balm such as Burt Bees but they give a lovely tint to your lips. First of all, they all smell amazing, they all have a different unique scent. The packaging is cute and quirky, it appeals more to teens however I love the range of bright colours, the packaging just looks fun.

Peach Kiss: Peach Kiss is the sheerest shade of the three colours I own, none the less it's a great nude colour to place under or over a nude lipstick. I normally hate shimmer in lipsticks/lip balms however when applied to your lips the shimmer is hardly noticeable, even when swatched the shimmer doesn't show as much as it does in the tube. Peach kiss smells like peach sherbets to me, nom nom nom! 

Pink Punch:  Pink Punch has a lovely colour payoff, however I'm not a big fan of the barbie lip colour just because I personally believe it doesn't suit me so I prefer to sheer this colour out using my finger or apply it over a lipstick so it's less noticeable none the less it smells like cotton candy and this colour would look amazing on lighter skin tones! 

Cherry Me: Cherry Me is probably my favourite out of the three I own and my most used colour yet. Cherry Me adds a pretty deep raspberry colour to your lips, but its still sheer so if you're afraid of dark colours but want to explore out, Cherry Me is a great one to try! Cherry me also smells amazing, it definitely does smell like cherry sweets!

Overall I do like the Baby Lips and I agree to an extrent with what Maybelline say about them however I find myself having to top up after around 2 hours - they definitely wouldn't last the 8 hours! I do think they've been 'over-hyped', they're lovely lip balms but nothing overly special however for the affordable price I can't complain and would try other colours. They retail for a respectful £2.99 each and are available from Boots and Superdrug, they're currently on 3 for 2 in Boots and 2 for £5 in Superdrug - take advantage!  

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love Cherry Me! It's my go-to lip product at work and now it's winter, plus is smells so yummy!
    amy xo
    www.vondork.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete